Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inaugural Post

Well here it is. I'm taking a leap and starting the blog I've wanted to begin for some time now. 

For those who know me well...they know I am most comfortable with simple foods and up until about two years ago the idea of preparing anything in the kitchen was a daunting one. My idea of cooking meant removing something from a box or pouring contents from a can and "cooking" them in a microwave.

When I became a mom I committed myself to trying new things and providing my family with nutritious food prepared at home. It has been a slow evolution and one that has required lots of reading, testing and even frustration. Determining the paths you want to take on nutrition for your family is not easy.

It has been during the challenges, like a horribly burnt pot of carrots on my stovetop, and even the triumphs I decided it could be fun to write about all of this. But, don't ask about the carrots...those are still a sore subject. 

The intention of this blog is to share my adventures in the kitchen and hopefully give others some ideas to try in their own kitchen. 
I don't always follow a recipe ingredient for ingredient or measurement for measurement. What fun would that be? I attempt to take a recipe and make it even more nutritious, whenever possible, and hope my family will not only eat it but enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment