This week I decided to give my kids a treat and bake them cookies. I had found a sugar free peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe and wanted to experiment with reducing the butter, along with substituting the peanut butter with sunflower butter. I was so excited to see if they would be good enough to eat!
Everything went really smoothly until I wanted to use a fork and put hash marks on the cookies. The fork stuck and tore the cookie apart. What? Oh well. I baked them and let them cool on a rack for a couple hours.
I am not a fan of sunflower butter, but I have to admit they turned out fairly well. My husband really liked them and my kids were happy as well. I was counting this a success. Since baking cookies is rare, I don't really have anything quality to store them in. So, I put some in a plastic bag and the remaining cookies in the freezer.
Much to my surprise, less than 24 hours after being in the bag, I went to take one out for my kids to share and found an odd green layer on some of them. Unbelievable! Mold? Really? Needless to say...nothing was eaten out of that bag!
I'm not certain what caused them to mold that quickly. Perhaps there was too much moisture in the cookies?
Here's a lovely picture of our mysterious science project. The expression on my husband's face when seeing these was priceless. I wish I had gotten a picture of that too.

No comments:
Post a Comment